Heather from MakeupMouse.com used the Daniel Sandler Scandal At Midnight Eyeshadow Quad to create three stunning, seductive looks for us to test out. These looks range from subtle and natural to dramatic and smoky. To get the look, just follow her easy step-by-step guidelines, but before we do that, let’s swatch!
Pure and Bright daytime look
This is a terrific look to opt for on days when you just have 10 minutes to do on your makeup but you still want to appear attractive and put together even though you only spent ten minutes on it. Even if you haven’t slept for the recommended amount of time, you can still pull off an appearance that gives the impression that your eyes are bright and alert by using a technique that does not need you to mess with a lot of brushes or liquid eyeliner. “Pure” may be used more heavily as an impenetrable white, or it can also function as a wonderfully gentle brightening wash of colour as in this look. Both of these applications are possible with this product. For a look that is perfect for the warm weather, complete your makeup with a translucent coral pink lipstick and a cream blush.
- To produce a light background that will truly enable your magnificent lashes to shine out, apply a wash of “Pure,” which is a satin finish ivory colour, lightly all over the lid and on the brow bone with a fluffy brush.
- Apply ‘Wicked,’ which is a neutral pearl finish taupe, through the crease, slightly above it, and softly winged out for an eye shape that is raised.
- To define the eyes and give the appearance of fuller lashes, use the matte black shadow called “Desire” and apply it to a tiny, angled brush. Then, push the brush along the lids of your eyes, very near to the root of your eyelashes.
- Move the leftover product down the lower lashline with the angled brush until it is about halfway used up.
- To highlight the eyes and add a touch of shimmer, apply a tiny amount of the product named “Dream,” which is a sheer silver shimmer, to the inner corner of the eye using either a small shader brush or your little finger.
- Applying Daniel Sandler Baby Jet mascara to both the top and lower lashes will provide the appearance of longer, more voluminous lashes.
- Additionally, if you want to make the eyes seem even more wide, you may use a pencil liner in a flesh tone around the waterline.
Softly Smoky and Defined
This soft smokey eye is a very traditional makeup style that never fails to appear put together and is suitable for people of almost any age or eye shape. Put it on for the meeting, put it on for lunch, or even wear it as your wedding makeup. It only goes to show how versatile this palette is because I was able to turn the natural daytime look into this defined eye simply by adding some deeper shading along the crease, darkening the lower lid, and lining the eyes with a kitten flick using ‘Desire’ along with an eyeliner mixing medium. A sensual, up-to-date pin-up mood may be achieved by combining this look with enhanced skin and bold matte red lips.
- Apply the shade “Wicked” (a neutral pearl finish taupe) with an oval shader brush across the crease and in the outer v of the eye. Then, bring it all the way beneath the eye and blend it out along the way.
- For a feline eye shape, use a tiny crease brush to apply the matte black shadow named “Desire” in a very delicate patting motion across the outer v of the eye, slightly winging the shape upwards and outwards at the same time.
- To create a soft sheen in the eye, apply the eyeshadow called “Dream,” which is a sheer silver shimmer, using a flat brush all over the movable area of the lid.
- As a highlight, use a very little quantity of the product labelled “Pure” (which has a satin finish and is an ivory hue) on the inner corner of each eye and on the brow bone.
- Place a little drop of the liquid on the edge of the word “desire,” and then use a fine eyeliner brush and a mixing medium such as Illamasqua Sealing Gel to combine the two ingredients into a liquid eyeliner consistency. It is important to just get a very little piece of the eyeshadow wet since doing so will “seal” the eyeshadow and make it difficult to apply. Applying a line to the palm of your hand will allow you to test the opaqueness of the substance. After that, line the eyes and finish by doing a little swoop at the corner of each.
- The top and lower lashes should both be coated with mascara.
Dark & Smokey
When I want my eyes to have a particularly dramatic smoky appearance, one of my favourite techniques is to apply the darkest colour to both the inner and the outside corner. It adds a seductive, grunge vibe to the whole appearance, which is emphasised further by the use of artificial eyelashes and a dark pencil eyeliner on the lower waterline. When applied to the lids, the pure silvery shine of the shade ‘Dream’ offers a gorgeous sparkle that will catch the light and deliver a little of glamour in the evenings. Pair with a glossy nude lip for a contemporary look; alternatively, if you are feeling daring, add a rich berry tone lipstick for a seductive Great Gatsby impression.
- Using a flat brush, apply “Wicked,” which is a neutral pearl finish taupe, all over the lids, bringing the shape a little above the crease, as well as on the lower lid as a foundation colour. 2. 3. 4. 5.
- Using a tiny crease brush, apply the colour ‘Desire’ (a matte black) in a precise manner around the region of the inner tear duct and in a more concentrated manner on the outside v. 3. Using the same dark colour, create a winged form at the outer corner of the eye by bringing it down onto the outside part of the lower lid as well.
- Using a fluffy blending brush and a little amount of the shade called “Desire,” blend out the edges of the black and bring it over the top crease to link the two regions of shading.
- Use a flat brush to apply ‘Dream,’ which is a sheer silver shimmer, as a sparkling highlight in the middle of both the upper and lower lids.
- Use a little amount of the shade ‘Pure’ (an ivory hue with a satin texture) to lightly highlight your brows.
- Using a fine eyeliner brush and a mixing medium such as Illamasqua Sealing Gel, apply a little drop of the liquid on the edge of the word “want,” and then mix it into a consistency similar to that of liquid eyeliner. It is important to just get a very little piece of the eyeshadow wet since doing so will “seal” the eyeshadow and make it difficult to apply. Applying a line to the palm of your hand will allow you to test the opaqueness of the substance. The eyes should be lined, but you do not need to add a flick since this step is mostly used to conceal the band of the fake lashes.
- First, apply some long, fluttery artificial lashes, and then follow up with a coat of mascara to mix them in with your real lashes.
- Use a black kohl pencil to line both the upper and lower waterlines. This step really helps to accentuate the effect.