Easy and Affordable Makeup for Making a Great First Impression
First things first, let’s go ahead and make some introductions. I’m 21 years old, and I have a fondness for incredibly bright and, to be honest, excessive amounts of makeup. Due to the fact that I have just recently been in the awful process of job hunting, I am aware of the fact that pink eyebrows and glitter liner are not appropriate for every day of the week.
It was time for a change, and I needed to get my eager little face out there looking as modern and competent as possible.
For me, the key to “making a good impression” makeup is having glowing skin and well-defined brows. I’m sure other people have various opinions about what constitutes the greatest makeup for a job interview, meeting the parents, or just generally “making a good impression.”
For me, the goal is to appear clean, well-kempt, and healthy, and to allow your personality to shine through rather than being overpowered by lipstick and lashes. I think this is the best way to get a successful look.
It seems as if the makeup that is light and pinkish in the tone that I have been wearing to job interviews has been successful. I wanted to give you a full face worth of products that are a mixture of higher-end and high-street brands so that you don’t have to spend an arm and a leg on your beauty routine. Of course, you should feel free to change things up depending on your skin tone and personal preferences, but I did want to make it affordable for you to do so!
- Mac Mystery Eyeshadow – Using an angled brush and Mac’s Mystery Eyeshadow, apply this brown eyeshadow with a neutral undertone to the brows.
- BH Cosmetics Camouflage Concealer Palette – You may hide any flaws with the proper color for your skin tone, and moreover, I use a dark concealer as a basis for my eyebrows, and then I set it with the matte brown shadow for a bolder appearance!
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation – The Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation imparts a radiant look to the face and has a medium level of coverage, but it does not have the “mask” effect that is typical of matte foundations.
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer – The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is a quick-setting formula that effectively conceals under-eye bags.
- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – Dab a little of this product onto any greasy areas that are present on the skin.
- Sleek Rose Gold Blush – This blush is a peachy pink color with a gold sheen, and it provides the cheeks with a gorgeous, healthy aspect. After all of this hiding, it restores life back to the face.
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon – A tinted lip balm is a great low-maintenance option for circumstances when you may be worried or may need to speak a lot, and this particular product comes in the shade Mega Melon.
- TheBalm Shady Lady Vol. 3 – I use Envious Erin as an inner corner highlight and Lusty Lee (copper eyeshadow) as a light wash all over the eyes to brighten them up. Find it here
- Avon Supershock Mascara – A volumizing mascara is ideal for adding a little bit of definition to the appearance and for opening up those eyes. This product is manufactured by Avon. Apply to both the upper and lower lash lines for a dramatic impact.